We are body, mind and spirit all wrapped up into one. Each of us borrow the package during our time on earth. How we pamper or abuse our body and mind leads to how we are spiritually and how balanced we are. While we are spending time here, we can choose to enjoy our moments, having a magic carpet ride everyday. Only when we are healthy and it is then that we can constantly energized our body, mind and spirit.


Smile And Be Happy

Our Perspectives As We See Them

My Blog Archive Corner

Configure your calendar archive widget - Edit archive widget - Flat List - Newest first - Choose any Month/Year Format

RSS Feed - Powering Dreams

Search:
Search Posts
Label
Google Blog Search
Technorati
For:

Yes...you can translate my blog into your language. Simply pick the language.

My GuestBook Corner - Please Sign In. Thanks.

Can I have your feedback please so that I can improve?

Keeping You Posted By Email Of My Latest Articles

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 13, 2007

Peaceful Warrior

I'm home!! Have been away for more than 2 weeks. Renewed and recharged. I've something to share.

On my flight home, I did something I've never ever done before. I finished a book (more than 213 pages) while on a plane. I was totally absorbed in this book. There are so much learning tips and living skills that one can pick up from the book. I strongly recommend that everyone reads it. I'm so glad I did. I bought it in Little Italy, New York from a quaint little shop that sells all things from Tibet. Read it and you'll know what I meant.

Just something from page 161 of the book to provoke your interest.

Happiness = Satisfaction / Desires

"You're rich if you've enough money to satisfy all your desires. So there are 2 ways to be rich. You earn, inherit, borrow, beg, or steal enough money to meet all your desires; or you cultivate a simple lifestyle of few desires; that way you always have enough money.

"A peaceful warrior has the insight and discipline to choose simple ways p to know the difference between needs and wants. We have few basic needs and endless wants. Full attention to every moment is my pleasure. Attention costs no money; your only investment is training. It's cheaper!!".

The secret of happiness is not found on seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...I can say that I 100% agree with you on this topic Franco...since because of you I was able to read this amazing book....

Thank you
mighty